Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What to do, what to do

So I have been playing Starcraft 2 as if it were vital to survival lately. Thankfully I am playing it from my laptop while laying in bed with my wife while she watches Veronica Mars so I am in the clear with her for spending time and hanging out. But I have been looking ahead for "that next big thing" to come and hit me in the face. Now I love XboX 360 and PC games so you would think I would be excited with the upcoming release of Halo:Reach, CoD:Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas, or at the very least World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. But alas, I have been severely shut down to most of these games as time as gone by.

Halo reminds me of the wonderful LANs I used to have with a group of high schoolers and a few leaders on the weekends. Always fun, but unless you played Halo like crazy, you were nothing but easy points for those kids and select adults who devoted the training time.

CoD:MW(2) were awesome...for a while. For the same reason I sometimes would hate World of Warcraft i developed a hate for both games. That ability to have a 12-year-old boy with no life and parents who have no sense of what's probably not the best for their kid to be playing call you in their high squeaky voice a "f@g", "mother f@$%*ing noob", or tell you to "QQ mor" just gets old real quick.

Fallout seems to be the only potential hope on that short list I have of something I might be willing to shell out some money for. I loved Fallout 3 and the wonderful open world that was available for the saving...or slaughter as my mood changed. A high replay value made this game a good filler when I was between games because no matter what you choose or do, you can always watch the heads explode because of it.

Oh yeah, and then there's WoW:Cataclysm which unless the stars align and I am compelled by the act of my friends begging me to come back...that game is not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment