Monday, August 30, 2010

Micah's sleeping patterns must go!

So for the weekend Micah decided it was time to test out a new sleep pattern. For those who don't know, my little boy has upgraded himself to a big boy bed and no longer has the confines of bars to hold him in. Instead, he can roam wherever his will desires at any time his will desires. Which leads to the lack of naps in the afternoon, because who would want to nap when you can play with your white noise machine and bounce around on dressers?

But he's newest trick was waking up at 3:45AM on both Friday and Saturday night to join my wife and me in our bed. Now I would not be so against this if he...you know...slept when he came in. But the constant hourly wake-up to the tune of "Nuggle Mama...*swoosh swoosh swoosh*...Nuggle Dada". <- That right there is the dance and song of Micah snuggling mom and then a few seconds later changing sides of the bed and coming over and snuggling me. Which again, would be fine if he just did this once, twice even...but not 6 times per hour. I do have a happy ending to this little story though, and that is THANK GOD he did not do this to us last night before I had to be at work at 7:30 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment