Monday, August 30, 2010

Career change in my future?

I'm gonna take you back, back to a day when i worked for the Great Mouse of the West and had dreams of a different career than Graphic Design.

*Fades to March of 2007*
I was working at Disney selling their timeshare vacation program(which if I may add is still not a bad idea if you have the money for it), and was planning on leaving there to go become an Orange County Sheriff. I had the book on what I would need to do, what I would be tested on and all that stuff and was ready to make the change. Then got engaged, married, and moved across the country.

*Back to the Present*
I have completed my schooling for Graphic Design and am currently looking for work. The search has been long, and each time I think I've found a good match it turns out it was just me thinking it was a good match and the employer thinking I need more experience.

So our teaching this Sunday at church was on moments of clarity and cloudiness with what the Lord has for you. This meaning that sometimes you have times of great clarity where you can see everything God has done and why he's done it, in other words everything clicks right into place and you have that "light bulb over the head" moment. Then you have the times where life seems so clouded and blinding that you couldn't see God or his plan if he literally put it on a sign and waved it in front of your face with flashing lights on it. I had one of these moments last night and here's what I've come up with:

I want to become a Police Officer/Sheriff in North Carolina. I still have the same drive and last night something inside of me kept pulling my mind to the idea and telling me to go for it. I absolutely love graphic design and if things go well, plan to do graphic design as freelance in my spare time, but the sign to be in Law Enforcement has never been more brightly lit in front of my face than it is now.

So here's to hoping that God's willing to give me a moment or two of that clarity to see that I'm doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment