Thursday, May 21, 2009

No Recent Video Game Posts?

So I have not had a video game post in a while and I felt it my responsibility to explain why that changed. When I first started writing this blog, I was able to read all of the great sites for gaming at any time. But with my office having a computer that was infected and destroyed causing us to have to shell out the $1500 in attempted repairs and then another $500 on the new computer. . . things changed.

All of my favorite sites(ign, escapist magazine, and team xbox to name a few) were added to the block list for the reason:Games.

That's all fine and dandy if by games, they meant they are sites about games. But as anyone who reads those sites knows, they are not "gaming sites" themselves. They are the gateway to learn about what games are coming out and what might be or not be worth your time to spend the money on. I love reading about games and giving my thoughts, I love to have the demos downloaded so I can test them out and then get back to you all with how it really plays out.

Now I could do all this from home, couldn't I? Yes, of course I can but that means at the same time of trying to read a review or start the download of a demo I most likely will have some form of a screaming child who either wants my attention, or wants the attention back from his mother. So instead when I get home, I spend that time with the wife, the boy who cries wolves, and the fun of Rock Band 2/Fallout 3.

So I'm thinking I should start swapping every other night between just playing games, and writing about games. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment